Thread: Dust collector gasket?

Dust collector gasket?

Hi I have an old jet dc 2hp. I noticed the other day the there is a lot of air blowing out around the motor. Where the motor meets the housing. So the housing is sucking air in and blowing it out the outlet but it's also blowing it out by the motor.
    I'm wondering a) is that normal b) does it effect the suction power? And if not (a) but (b) is true, how do I fix it?
    Thanks.
    Here is a link to the parts break down of something similar to what I have. You can get a better idea of what I'm trying to describe from it maybe
    https://www.ereplacementparts.com/jet-dc1100a-708639-dust-collector-parts-c-32652_32831_32839.html
    Last edited by Raif Harik; 02-03-2024 at 8:07 PM.

Items 14 and 9 seal that assembly. You could use silicon caulk.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I f you need to there is a product on the market called, "make a gasket." Brian
    Brian

I guess I'm wondering do I need to fix that leak. It seems like it's on the out flow side. I don't know if back pressure is needed for cfm or not.

A leak is, at the very least, dumping fines into your shops air. Getting rid of that is the whole point of a dust collector.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I made one from some leather sheet I had around. I have made others from a yoga mat I bought at the dollar store.
    Bill D.