Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabinet Sense for Sketchup

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    It's available online. I downloaded it last year onto a new computer I bought running Win 10 and it works fine. Trimble stopped supporting it, but their support isn't needed.
    Yes, it's available as I mentioned, but as you note, not supported. But there is also the security concern given the application wasn't designed for current generation operating systems. The link I included details this. I personally was not able to get it working reliably on my newer MacOS machine two years ago which is why I opted for a year subscription that I didn't renew for all the shop planning. It still ran on the old one, but I had to lend that to my daughter for while.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yes, it's available as I mentioned, but as you note, not supported. But there is also the security concern given the application wasn't designed for current generation operating systems. The link I included details this. I personally was not able to get it working reliably on my newer MacOS machine two years ago which is why I opted for a year subscription that I didn't renew for all the shop planning. It still ran on the old one, but I had to lend that to my daughter for while.
    It works fine with Windows 10 though.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

That's good. Unfortunately for the OP, since the utility they want to use is not compatible with the old software, it's not going to help them other than having SketchUp running locally at no cost.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I am a diehard 2017 Sketchup Make user on a Windows 11 PC. I was sorry to see Trimble stop supporting it, and sorry to loose access to the 3D Warehouse that will no longer work in it. But, I begin every shop project with a drawing in Sketchup. Within it's limitations, it is still a very capable 3D design tool.

To learn how to use it, I relied on several YouTube tutorials created by other woodworkers using earlier releases of Sketchup:

Jay Bates - https://jayscustomcreations.com/sketchup/
    Jay Bates YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@JayBates/search?query=sketchup
    April Wilkerson YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@AprilWilker...query=sketchup

There are some new series of YouTube tutorials that are good, but they use the more recent releases of the software and demonstrate functions that are not in the 2017 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That's good. Unfortunately for the OP, since the utility they want to use is not compatible with the old software, it's not going to help them other than having SketchUp running locally at no cost.
    There is at least one other cabinet design software that works with Make2017. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure I got it from the plugins. I tried it several years ago. While very powerful, I found it difficult to use and restrictive, so I got rid of it.

John

Thanks for the youtube links. I will check them out.