Thread: Powermatic 143 bandsaw riser

Powermatic 143 bandsaw riser

I see a powermatic 143 14" wood/metal bandsaw for sale near me. Can this saw be raised for resawing? All I can find is how to raise the blade guard. Or raising blocks for newer model 14" saws.
    BillD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I see a powermatic 143 14" wood/metal bandsaw for sale near me. Can this saw be raised for resawing? All I can find is how to raise the blade guard. Or raising blocks for newer model 14" saws.
    BillD.
    Looking at pictures of one, it looks like the main upper/lower casting is one piece.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Older 141,143 Powermatic bandsaws had a solid 1 piece cast iron frame. They cannot be made taller for more resawing height. That being said a 143 is a very good saw. Buy it quick before someone else does.

I have one too, no riser. Part of the reason it’s stiffer than a Delta. If you need more resaw height consider a bigger bandsaw. If it’s just for bowl blanks, maybe a chainsaw.

I seen one other day FS price at 1100.00 yes it’s high but they very seldom come up FS at fair price as any other PM machines from years past