Thread: CT 2 port blast gate?

CT 2 port blast gate?

I have 2 hoses I use on my CT. 1 is 10m and I use it for all sanders/routers/domino/tracksaw/etc. The second hits my miter saw. I currently have to clime in the corner and swap hoses to go back and forth and typacally the miter saw hose drops to an almost unreachable spot. Does anyone make a blastgate system that allows me to swap back and forth while keeping the hoses hooked up. Either manually or auto will do

The most obvious solution is another CT to dedicate to the miter station.

That said, I suspect you can get the components you need to do the splitsy-thing with the feeds from...Rockler.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I remember seeing a 1 into 2 connector for the vacs in a Festool catalog at one time. There may be one available at one of the on-line sellers of Festool products such as Tool Nut. Lacking that it may be time to get creative and roll your own with an off the shelf splitter, duct tape or surf the Rockler catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    I remember seeing a 1 into 2 connector for the vacs in a Festool catalog at one time. There may be one available at one of the on-line sellers of Festool products such as Tool Nut. Lacking that it may be time to get creative and roll your own with an off the shelf splitter, duct tape or surf the Rockler catalog.
    Festool has a y fitting, but I was hoping for a single throw blast gate to switch back and forth. I think I may just make it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The most obvious solution is another CT to dedicate to the miter station.

That said, I suspect you can get the components you need to do the splitsy-thing with the feeds from...Rockler.
    That is the easiest thing next to buying dustless wood.
    I will check with Rockler

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    That is the easiest thing next to buying dustless wood.
    Now we're going to see ads on social media for "Dustless Wood"...
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Now we're going to see ads on social media for "Dustless Wood"...
    They did it with spackle. I want Dustless Walnut

I made a switch for my dust collection system, which it seems that you want. With the switch in one position, the airflow is from one 6" trunk duct. With the switch in the other position, the airflow comes from the other 6" duct.

Y'know how most blast gates have a sliding blade with a hole in it. The blade slides so that air flows through the hole, or in the other position, the blade blocks the air. In my switch, the blade is longer. Slid in one direction, the hole allows flow from one input, and the blade blocks the other input. Slid in the other direction, the hole allows flow from the other input, and the first input is blocked off.

Yea, a two in, one out manifold is a good solution for this kind of need and certainly can be shop built with relative ease. Since this is a high static pressure situation with a CT extractor, the slight "bend" in direction inside of the manifold isn't likely going to hurt performance much, either.
    --

Last 2 pieces in the printer now. Once its done I will use a piece of 1/4" with a 2-1/4 hole in the middle that will be lined up to one hole at a time depending on which end it sticks out.

Jamie I havent found gates smaller than 4" and this is for 2-1/4"

20240131_143912.jpg