Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forums wound up too tight

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    Naturally sarcastic here, often comes off as being a know it all jerk.

It's hard to make a joke or poke fun at something if a portion of the audience needs it explained to them, this is often where they get offended and form a negative opinion.
    I’m from Delco PA. Here being a little sarcastic and gentle busting is kind of the norm, even expected, lol

I have learned on forums and when traveling around the U.S. people think you’re a wise guy so I have learned to tone it down.

One issue with woodworkers and woodworking forums is people want to compete about who knows more. I figure I know more than some, and some know more than me. So I am here to help some and learn from others. Egos get in the way of learning some times.
    Last edited by Ron Citerone; 01-29-2024 at 1:18 PM.

My wife tells me this forum is very often largely old men complaining about new things. She's not all that wrong.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    My wife tells me this forum is very often largely old men complaining about new things. She's not all that wrong.
    We are not old. We are mature.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    She is a very perceptive woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    I’m from Delco PA. Here being a little sarcastic and gentle busting is kind of the norm, even expected, lol

I have learned on forums and when traveling around the U.S. people think you’re a wise guy so I have learned to tone it down.

One issue with woodworkers and woodworking forums is people want to compete about who knows more. I figure I know more than some, and some know more than me. So I am here to help some and learn from others. Egos get in the way of learning some times.
    Must be a PA thing, Originally from Philly, then north to Bucks county for many years.

I personally don't like the competition aspect of who knows more. I know I've learned a lot from forums, some good. For me, end result is what matters, you can say whatever you want about how much you know or what tools you have but the final product tells the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Id say if you can get a few people to laugh on a saw stop thread you've done okay.
    Now that really made me laugh...
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Do alligators live under bridges with internet trolls?
    BilL D.
    Attached Images Attached Images