Thread: Warning about a Beaver Industrial scam currently on Facebook

Warning about a Beaver Industrial scam currently on Facebook

There is a fake site on Facebook selling out tools and machinery at stupid low prices. They are using the logo from BIS, Beaver Industrial Supply and the site looks legit. The false site has a dot us dot com, in the web address, the real company does not have the dot us in their web address. Pass it on!

That has been going on for a while. Not just Facebook, I looked up a tool and there they were - criminal sites "selling" same $1600 tool for $99.00. All anybody has to do is use some common sense. No, you will not be getting a 15" DeWalt Planer for $59.99 lol Look similar sites may cause some confusion but expecting a tool at 10% of actual value is just ridiculous.

Consider myself intelligent and a critical thinker, but I fell for one of these on facebook. Keen shoes. Seller had a paypal account, but didn't know this until after the fact and they somehow faked a USPS tracking and delivery tag. Reported them to paypal and USPS, credit card made it good, but Facebook cares nothing about this stuff. Kept getting bogus feeds on different brands of shoes, that I reported as spam, that were not real. Finally closed my Facebook account, by being involved with them felt like I was telling them it is OK what they are doing. Brian
    Brian

Yea, I've reported this to Facebook about ten times (every time I see it), as well as to BiS. Facebook doesn't care. It's a sponsored post btw, so they're making money on it too,
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    Yea, I've reported this to Facebook about ten times (every time I see it), as well as to BiS. Facebook doesn't care. It's a sponsored post btw, so they're making money on it too,
    I have reported it as well. Fakebook says nothing wrong. And blocked me from seeing this ad. BIS usually has a post on their website regarding it.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Hussey View Post
    I have reported it as well. Fakebook says nothing wrong. And blocked me from seeing this ad. BIS usually has a post on their website regarding it.
    Yep, Facebook is just being an accessory to fraud. This is probably true of many of their sponsored ads, at this point I'd advise just ignoring any ads there.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I've never had a Facebook account so I don't have access to their site but has the legitimate Beaver Industrial Supply been notified? I imagine the imposter is inflicting actual monetary damages on BIS and they should notify Facebook (Meta?) if that is true. Internet platforms have many protections but wouldn't Facebook have potential liability for hosting an obviously fraudulent operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd McKinlay View Post
    I've never had a Facebook account so I don't have access to their site but has the legitimate Beaver Industrial Supply been notified? I imagine the imposter is inflicting actual monetary damages on BIS and they should notify Facebook (Meta?) if that is true. Internet platforms have many protections but wouldn't Facebook have potential liability for hosting an obviously fraudulent operation?
    I notified BIS. Oddly I guess, this was the first time I've seen a false site for a company I've done business with.

I don't really worry about this type of scam - because - as mentioned, it's so obvious.

Sooner or later though - these scammers are going to figure out they can do a whole lot better by raising the prices to a believable figure.

A DW735 for $59 is so low anyone can see it's a scam.
    That same item listed at $399 becomes pretty legit - given a believable reason.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

In person exchange with cash on the barrel head for any secondary market transaction eliminates all this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    In person exchange with cash on the barrel head for any secondary market transaction eliminates all this nonsense.
    How does that work with mail order retail?
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    These are not MarketPlace ads...they are regular sponsored ads for online purchasing. In-person, cash transactions are not really possible. The scam is someone impersonating a real business. Beaver is well known...in fact, if I'm not mistaken they are the company that tool over Bob Marino's Festool business a number of years ago when he retired.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...