Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuff you find when you clean up

I'm more of the chaotic organizer type. It all looks like a mess. But the piles are organized according to my own logic, so I almost never lose anything. And I'm really strict about adhering to my system. But God help someone else trying to find something in my system.

As an example, I have a drawer full of glue and rulers. Why? Because masking tape is a kind of adhesive, like glue. And a tape measure is a kind of tape. And rulers are like tape measures. Makes sense to me!

Last fall I found a few missing items in attic of garage re roofing replacing a few boards able to see from top side

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
    I'm more of the chaotic organizer type. It all looks like a mess. But the piles are organized according to my own logic, so I almost never lose anything. And I'm really strict about adhering to my system. But God help someone else trying to find something in my system.

As an example, I have a drawer full of glue and rulers. Why? Because masking tape is a kind of adhesive, like glue. And a tape measure is a kind of tape. And rulers are like tape measures. Makes sense to me!

That was kind of my logic, I think. Drawer has cabinet stuff, including stair rail and furniture bits. Ebony is used for plugs in furniture. Cabinets are like furniture. Put the ebony in with the drawer guides.

Cannot come close to saying I almost never lose anything, 'tho.

I'm still looking for something I bought a year ago before the holidays- a box of silk wool to put in sumi-tsubo. I have the receipt, brought it home, put it somewhere, and, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    I keep putting things in a safe spot and never find them until I buy the replacement part or tool.
    This would be why I now have two impact drivers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C Daugherty View Post
    I found this a few years back while searching my stack of red oak, looking for the three pieces of sassafras I knew were there.Attachment 514296
    Let me guess, you named her Sassy

I know where the stuff is that I put away 5 years ago...................................now the tool I used 3 minutes ago is another story!

I keep putting things in a safe spot and never find them until I buy the replacement part or tool.
    This is how I find things.

How about stuff you can't find that is right in front of you. Yesterday I was walking around looking for my combination square for a few minutes. I looked on my work bench at least 3 times. Finally about to give up, and grab another square, I walk over to my work bench and it's sitting right there. Go figure!
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Blog Entries
    When you think or say: "put this in a safe spot" that is an old spell incantation that transfers things to an alternate universe. Please use it with caution.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute