Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff you find when you clean up

Stuff you find when you clean up

The base of the out feed table is four huge drawers with plumbing, electrical, cabinet, and misc..

I needed some friction door catches from the cabinet drawer (hinges, pulls, drawer guides, dowels, biscuits, etc.) & ended up cleaning and sorting the whole drawer.

In among the drawer guides I found a 2"x2"x15" stick of ebony that has been missing I think since 1986!

Blog Entries
    Dad is cleaning and clearing out what is left of his shop (at 85) : ) . Everyone in the family keeps asking him if he has found my finger yet. : (
    Best Regards, Maurice

Hopefully when you do its on ice. Have you checked the freezer.

Left a pair of gloves in a friend's truck, but thought they were in the shop. Found all sorts of missing things while I was looking for those gloves. (Friend returned them when I saw him a few days later.)

My shop is long due for a major clean up. I hope to find my missing 3/32 setup block when I do the clean up....I think it is in one of my scrap piles somewhere.
    Chris

Blog Entries
    While I wa# working on the daughter’s end tables, she cleaned a lot of my shop. Now I can’t find anything,..

Finding a nice hunk of ebony isn't a horrible thing at all!

I will say that I 're-discovered' a bunch of stuff when I was moving shop and again when moving things from storage into the new shop. But I'm sure I've already lost things in that space, too. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    While I wa# working on the daughter’s end tables, she cleaned a lot of my shop. Now I can’t find anything,..

Why you need labels...

I need to clean out my shop also. I really need to remove everything from it as if I was moving and install some new storage. I bet I would find some things I don't even remember I have.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Hopefully when you do its on ice. Have you checked the freezer.
    I do not think anything recognizable was left. My little brother and sister were more traumatized by the accident than I was. They still play the finger in a box prank on each other.

https://www.instructables.com/How-to...n-a-box-prank/

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 8.08.06 AM.png
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 01-22-2024 at 9:14 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Problem with putting things in good safe spots is that they are often forgotten(Lost). The continued problem is that one day they pop up again and I say to myself "I missed this I need to put this someplace safe". Hence re-losing it

I keep putting things in a safe spot and never find them until I buy the replacement part or tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    I keep putting things in a safe spot and never find them until I buy the replacement part or tool.
    I resemble that remark....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Blaming someone else for lost items usually leads to them turning up right where I left them.

Attachment 514276 I have been enjoying the funnies!
    Best Regards, Maurice

I found this a few years back while searching my stack of red oak, looking for the three pieces of sassafras I knew were there.IMG_0091.jpg