Thread: Is there a way to avoid Reddit?

Blog Entries

Is there a way to avoid Reddit?

All of a sudden, any time I do a search on my phone or computer this thing called Reddit pops up. Anything I click on goes to Reddit. How can I get rid of this stupid thing.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Well, I may have answered my own question. I logged into my Google account and went to privacy and security. In the search box I asked how to get rid of Reddit? Google opened "Third-party apps & services" and showed a listing of attached apps and allowed me to delete Reddit and POE. Now if I can avoid getting reconnected however that happened.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-15-2024 at 8:39 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the post, I was unaware Google defaults this. I wonder if your reconnection issue has something to do with time out sessions.

That's how I got rid of the "Bing hits" during a search (I intensely dislike the "Bing hit" format)...except I did it via the Firefox browser settings
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Good to know we can do that, Lee.
    The one that used to drive me nuts was Pinterest. Finally got rid of it, can't remember how.