Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NFL,I wish....

OK then. From end zone celebrations to global warming.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    OK then. From end zone celebrations to global warming.

Yeah, that makes sense.
    Turtles all the way down...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Blog Entries
    I would have never have clicked on this thread if my kids had not recently explained to me what the piss on the NFL bumper sticker is about. I wish it was still just a game.
    Best Regards, Maurice

[QUOTE=Maurice Mcmurry;3301468]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post

She sold her jet last week. It may be meaningless but at least she has the courtesy to make a gesture.
    To put it the proper context..... she sold ONE of her jets....

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Barry McFadden;3301508]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post

To put it the proper context..... she sold ONE of her jets....
    OK Barry you win, I will work on trying to 1/2 hate her. I guess I will need to start hating Elvis and many others too. : (
    Best Regards, Maurice

[QUOTE=Maurice Mcmurry;3301545]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post

OK Barry you win, I will work on trying to 1/2 hate her. I guess I will need to start hating Elvis and many others too. : (
    LOL..... I don't think anyone really wins in these situations....the debate could go of forever
    Last edited by Barry McFadden; 02-15-2024 at 12:15 PM.

Only slightly on the topic,

Since the kickoff return is practically nonexistent now and almost all balls go into the end zone, I think the the kickoff team could get something for putting the ball through the uprights- a point, or placing the ball on the 5 yard line.

This would give some interest to a part of the game that has become kind of a waste of time.

Maybe Rugby now has potential in the USA.

Strange how many people complain about the NFL and say they won't watch it. But last week's broadcast of the Super Bowl had the largest audience in television history. I heard the only thing that might have had more viewers was the Apollo 11 moon landing, but that was on multiple networks.
    Last edited by Pat Germain; 02-15-2024 at 2:44 PM.

I watch the highlights....that way I don't spend almost 4 hours in front of the TV... not to mention (but I will) eating for that 4 hours.
    Highlights are about 15-20 minutes ...long enough for 3-4 Oreos.
    Glad KC won, btw.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    +1 for Rugby! I interject the Caitlin Clarke story because it is wholesome and untainted, and she passes like Tom Brady.

"I just wanted to say congratulations on the record," Brady said in a tribute video shared by the Big Ten Network. "Like the rest of the country, I’ve been following along as you chased down my girl Kelsey (Plum), but I know she’s proud of you too. We love witnessing greatness here. Keep your head down, go finish the job and I’ll be watching."
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 02-16-2024 at 8:12 AM. Reason: "I just wanted to say congratulations on the record," Brady said in a tribute video shared by the Big Ten Network. "Like the
    Best Regards, Maurice