Thread: Existing panel cutting jig, new saw

Existing panel cutting jig, new saw

My existing panel cutting jig is 3/4" farther away from the blade on my new table saw since the miter slot is farther from the blade. Can I use as is or do I need to take it apart and move everything closer? Brian
    Brian

I would adjust it and cut a new edge. If you are able to pry off the runner, and your back fence can still be adjusted, it's not too bad of a job to do. I did it last year with my crosscut sled so, two runners to replace and the back fence had to be re-squared. I also scraped and filled the holes where the old runners were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Fenneuff View Post
    I would adjust it and cut a new edge. If you are able to pry off the runner, and your back fence can still be adjusted, it's not too bad of a job to do. I did it last year with my crosscut sled so, two runners to replace and the back fence had to be re-squared. I also scraped and filled the holes where the old runners were removed.
    I know, just looking for someone to give me permission not to do it. Brian
    Brian

If you don't need zero clearance, then don't move it. If you do, move it or glue on an extension and recut.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    If you don't need zero clearance, then don't move it. If you do, move it or glue on an extension and recut.
    Michael, now that's a thought. I have to decide. Think I'll make a test cut with it short and see. thanks brian
    Brian

New saw - new jig.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    I was also going to suggest adding a piece on the side and cutting that piece to fit. If your existing sled works well and cuts square, why mess it up by taking it apart.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I broke down, removed the fence and miter guide, turned it 180 degrees, installed new t-nuts, fence and miter guide. Good to go. Like an old pair of jeans, used, but my wear and tear. Brian

20240114_115404.jpg
    Brian