Thread: Sawstop dust collection - attachment

Sawstop dust collection - attachment

Suggestions on how to prevent this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob C

Blog Entries
    I taped mine on..

When I had the PCS in the temporary gara-shop, I had to put a layer of tape over the port so that the machine adapter (I use quick connect duct) would stay on the port and even then, I drove a couple of very short screws to insure it didn't come off.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Is it possible to relocate the blast gate? The added weight is not helping. I had the same arrangement on my ICS with no issues. As a matter of fact, the friction fit held everything in place but was easy enough to remove when I needed access to retrieve a dropped arbor flange or nut.

I use a small Vac for my blade dust collection hose. I also never use those right angle hose attachments, I use the Y adapters for it on my router table. It stops the collisionof the dust. Blast gate is not used, since I move my hose to most of my machines with a Rockler dustright connection.

That never happened to me, but I do have one of these connecting the saw and a 4” coupler.

https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-7014...s%2C184&sr=8-6

Thanks all. Looks like I have several options. The smartest one, though, is probably replace this flex hose with hard pipe to take the weight of the blast gate out of the equation and to remove the force of gravity. I should be able to do this because this saw is not going anywhere. A short term solution would be some tape in a couple screws
    Bob C

The hose you have going to it is very large and the weight is an issue. I have a 5" hose from my 6" duct and reduce to 4" at the saw. It works very well. I use my shop vac for the over the blade.

Agreed. I have 6” coming thru the floor and a 6” blast gate so I think I’ll just transition to a 4” metal duct and eliminate that flex hose
    Bob C