Thread: Woodpeckers Dowel Press

Woodpeckers Dowel Press

This was one of their "One-Time" tools that was issued in 2016 and has not been available since. It has seen very light use and has a few light scratches/dings from sitting in the shop but it is in overall excellent condition and comes with the imperial die set. This is a massive machine (over 10 pounds not including the die set) and works quite well. $599 plus shipping.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Price reduced to $499 plus shipping.

Per the Woodpecker site, this was $399.00 when new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    Per the Woodpecker site, this was $399.00 when new.

Thank-you for sharing that information Lisa. The last one that sold on ebay was listed at $675. There is one listed right now at $750. As many folks have come to realize over the last couple of years, and Lie Nielsen comes to mind here, the market decides what an item is worth. What makes a Lie Nielsen miter plane that originally sold for $399 worth $3500? It's market scarcity and demand. Based on the scarcity of the Dowel Press and previous/recent sales, I gauge the current market price at $499. Time will tell.

Time has told me that my price was too high: hence one last/final price drop: $399 plus shipping etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaudio View Post
    Time has told me that my price was too high: hence one last/final price drop: $399 plus shipping etc.
    The prices being asked on ebay may have nothing to do with the price for which the item actually sold. Looking at completed listings, only one shows up. The original BIN price was crossed out and it indicated "best offer was accepted." It never lists what the best offer was.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

This item has been sold.