Thread: Onieda Supercell - User Experience

Onieda Supercell - User Experience

Hey, I am really looking at the Onieda Supercell as an upgrade to my current dust collector. Can I get your guys history regarding the longevity of the motors used? Questioning how expensive it may be to buy replacements and if frequent replacements are needed. I have seen many positive reviews but they appear to be mostly after short-term usage before any maintenance/replacement was encountered.
    Last edited by Joaquin Franco; 01-04-2024 at 11:08 AM.

I've only had mine for a little over 3 years, so I cannot speak to longevity. It still "sucks" as much today as it did when I first got it

The ability to completely replace a wearable item was a huge plus and just another reason I went with Oneida. I would expect nothing less from a US based company making, in my opinion, one of the best dust collectors on the market. Replacing all three motors is less than 300 bucks and can be done by the woodworker in their shop.

Oneida does a really good job at engineering its products and honestly, I wouldn't worry about this.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My Supercell is only 1.5 years old, but it works great. The motor burned out in a matter of a day or two of install, but it turned out the foam ring was installed incorrectly from the factory and overheated the motor. With a couple of photos, Oneida shipped a replacement and had me return the damaged one in the same box. They covered all shipping and were great to work with. I'm very happy with the Supercell both in performance and customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaquin Franco View Post
    Hey, I am really looking at the Onieda Supercell as an upgrade to my current dust collector. Can I get your guys history regarding the longevity...
    Can’t (yet) speak to longevity, but be aware they are heat monsters. It warms up my temp shop nicely in winter, but in a TX summer you need to crank the A/C. My EF-5 is in storage (no room) but does a better job on big saw w/ 2x 4” ducts; the Supercell does better on small ducts - i.e. drill press. Classic case of high flow vs high vacuum. Last, the Supercell can flatten some of my old cheap 4” hose. ….Hope this helps.