Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: if you want to get confused

first saw several you tubes side bar about food I thought okay. Apparently not every one had an issue. Dr Gundry the first but looked at others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfLznrZCp6E

Last night did watch this, Tom asks good questions and knows lots. This was interesting in terms of the medical talk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6aKwKfEk8k&t=1027s

Saw this today about him being asked to come and talk with two doctors who have obviously have issues with his info and challenge him. Credit to him to go there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZemkG6Vj7hc

sorry to skip to Margaret since someone talked older person here my brain skipped to her. obviously she ate pretty well to make it to that age. Not changing how I eat but always open to learn more. 20 years ago coast to coast shows said that all our health originates in the gut. Odd concept and this before any other radio how id had on in the background. Became common to hear it more and more.

One thing ive always wondered about ive heard enough times people say not the same value in not in fruit and vegetables and they always say the soil is depleted. Different story on one of the you tubes saying that the bacteria in the soil has been damaged or affected by glycosine. I know the farmers around here spray the fields and few times years in the past pretty foul stuff.

I don't want to get confused and I don't want to offend anybody. I'll share what I've learned in my own health research and helping friends. Don't trust any health information from a doctor that is selling a product. Dr Gundy is an MD but he's selling supplements based on incorrect or false science.
    It's kind of like getting woodworking advice on building fine furniture from a woodworker that uses nails not joinery.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

I dove into the rabbit hole last year due to a health issue. What I settled on was the following:
    1) Keep moving. A person that exercises but eat unhealthy will live longer than somebody that eats healthy and doesn't exercise.
    2) Sugar is bad for you. I still have a little bit because life would be a depressing place if I didn't.
    3) Everything in moderation. Life is too long if you are on one extreme and too short if you are on the other.
    4) A person that eats healthy and exercises dies healthier.
    5) The number one cause of death is birth.

Cary, re: #s 4 & 5 - I think I heard it said once that "good health is merely the slowest possible rate of dying".
    < insert spurious quote here >

Not True at all. Don't forget the bus. There are many busses, one has your name on it, and it doesn't give a shit how healthy you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Cary, re: #s 4 & 5 - I think I heard it said once that "good health is merely the slowest possible rate of dying".

This has been around a while, but it still pretty much on the mark.

This Is Why Eating Healthy Is Hard (Time Travel Dietitian) (youtube.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lawrence View Post
    This has been around a while, but it still pretty much on the mark.

This Is Why Eating Healthy Is Hard (Time Travel Dietitian) (youtube.com)
    I've never seen that... pretty funny (and true)
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Thanks Nicholas, that was a hoot.

thats excellent about five you tube DR need to see that. The ones that messed me up when I sat down to make the steel cut oats.

They have been all over the map over the years, margarine is good then margarine is crap and butter has good properties. He said two kinds of collesteral there are more. Fat, our brains are some huge percent fat, we need fat then not polyunsaturated though some disagree then and and and. I give up

thanks that was good.

I figure that if our remote ancestors ate it** it's probably OK to eat, else we wouldn't even be around to discuss this.
    (Am still searching for evidence of the elusive paleolithic "oreo bush" .... I'm certain it's there somewhere...)

**Whatever it was, they probably ate it "in moderation".
    For most of the history of the human race, even up to modern times, getting enough food just to survive was a challenge.
    There wasn't a surfeit of food, either easily grown/harvested plants or easily hunted/killed animals.
    The better part of people's waking hours dealt with getting and keeping enough food just to survive a season.
    Sometime read about The Starving Time of the Jamestown colony
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 01-09-2024 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    Sometime read about The Starving Time of the Jamestown colony
    I used to live near the original Jamestown settlement. When you take the guided tour you quickly learn those people did everything WRONG. From the time they hit land, they started looking for gold. They looked and they looked and they looked. Finding gold was inevitable since, well, you know the Spanish were finding tons of gold down in South America so the entire new world had to be swimming in gold, right? Of course, neither the local native tribes nor the ground had any gold. And they made no preparations for winter since they assumed they would be loading ships with gold and returning to England before winter. If the local Indians hadn't taken pity on them, all of them would have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    I used to live near the original Jamestown settlement. When you take the guided tour you quickly learn those people did everything WRONG. From the time they hit land, they started looking for gold. They looked and they looked and they looked. Finding gold was inevitable since, well, you know the Spanish were finding tons of gold down in South America so the entire new world had to be swimming in gold, right? Of course, neither the local native tribes nor the ground had any gold. And they made no preparations for winter since they assumed they would be loading ships with gold and returning to England before winter. If the local Indians hadn't taken pity on them, all of them would have died.
    Didn't they also land there either in spring or summer and everything was growing and producing fruit, etc, and wildlife was abundant (not hibernating)?
    And they assumed that the climate was always that hospitable, and didn't make sufficient preparations for winter?

They did make preparations for winter. The Northern people are still advertising the Pilgrims as the first settlers . They were all about
    tall hat and no cattle. And apparently have a shortage of books !

Most ,if not all scholars rate Smith highly. Lot of people have fantasies, at least the live ones. Here’s a question , why do so many
    north people think the Pilgrims got to this continent first ? The “ Gentleman” on the voyage to Virginia didn’t want to do any work.
    Smith decreed , “ he who does not work ,will not eat”.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 01-10-2024 at 12:52 PM.

You may find this inteesting

The Cancer act uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_Act_1939