Thread: Titebond Cold Press

Titebond Cold Press

Any of you guys use this stuff on raw wood laminate. Its really thin like watered down Titebond. Are you suppose to
    apply it on both surfaces. I am doing laminate repair and didnt want it to squeeze out the seams so I put it on thin
    on one surface but Iam not sure it will be strong enough. Regular Titebond it like iron.

Cold Press is specifically formulated for pressing veneer, with pecan shells mixed in to prevent bleedthrough. If yours is really thin it's probably because the thickener has settled out and needs remixing. It is applied only to the substrate to [prevent the veneer curling. It's not recommended for other uses. http://www.titebond.com/product/glue...9-5794cc3ae102

It’s my go to for wood veneer. As Kevin posted, it needs to be shaken well prior to use.

You say wood veneer, but then say laminate repair. Two different things in my shop. I'm confused with your last sentence, Does it mean you are using heat to set the cold press glue as well? Regular Titebond it like iron.

Yup, Titebond Cold Press works for me for wood veneer. I would agree with the others that a good remixing is in order. Since you're dealing with laminate repair, a slightly thicker layer would work better.