Thread: New Miter Saw Workstation

Blog Entries

New Miter Saw Workstation

In the formative stages, but I have an older Bosch 10" SCMS, the one where the rails extend a good bit behind the saw. Therefore, my station will need to be deeper than normal, so my base cabinets will be deeper also (albeit not full depth) I will show a design as I progress. I plan on lots of drawers, and would like soft close but also a full extension or even overtravel. I see more common drawer hardware (slides) is 22" and 24". Who is your go-to supplier for shop-built cabinets that will probably suffer a bit of abuse over the years? I found the 24" on AMZ, which is made in China for around $14/pair.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    In the formative stages, but I have an older Bosch 10" SCMS, the one where the rails extend a good bit behind the saw. Therefore, my station will need to be deeper than normal, so my base cabinets will be deeper also (albeit not full depth) I will show a design as I progress. I plan on lots of drawers, and would like soft close but also a full extension or even overtravel. I see more common drawer hardware (slides) is 22" and 24". Who is your go-to supplier for shop-built cabinets that will probably suffer a bit of abuse over the years? I found the 24" on AMZ, which is made in China for around $14/pair.
    Accu-ride (light duty up to 100 lb) "easy close" 3832EC.. these are side mount, not undermount.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    Here are a few..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thanks Jack!
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas