Thread: Interesting YouTube Woodworking Project With Only Hand Tools

Interesting YouTube Woodworking Project With Only Hand Tools

If this YouTube channel has been discussed previously, I'm sorry I missed it. I recently watched this video where the guy builds a very interesting keepsake box using cutoff pieces. What's really unusual is he doesn't use a single power tool. I was very impressed with his chisel and pull saws skills. Anyway, I hope others enjoy it as much as I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3_7knrmm2c

The guy on this channel does use power tools for other projects. I don't know anything about him other than he's in the UK. It appears he always uses recycled wood from pallets and old furniture. Yeah, I think the pallet wood thing is mostly nonsense, but it appears this guy manages to build some decent projects with it. It would make no sense to try to make money from a pallet wood project, but I suppose if the objective is only to recycle wood, it works.

And for anyone who finds YouTube hosts annoying by droning on and on, you might this guy. He never says a word.
    Last edited by Pat Germain; 01-01-2024 at 4:46 PM.

Thanks, I've not seen hime before.
    I usually see the word "upcycling" and scroll on.

Impressive design with even more impressive craftsmanship!Would like to see a video tour of his shop. The cabinets and tool collection caught my eye.

I enjoyed that, so thanks for posting it. He's a creative guy, with a sense of humor too. Plus the video have none of the grating music and fast edits many of them go in for.

I like his channel. If you like his you would also like this guy in Sweden. https://www.youtube.com/@GillisBjork/videos

That was oddly mesmerizing.

I've never thought of using a pull saw to plunge cut before. That was clever!

And I use pallet wood all of the time. I have access to tons of free pallets, so I look for any excuse to use them. Most of the pallets I come across are junk, but if you have access to 100's, you can often find a couple of good boards, if you don't mind working in softwood. I pull out most of the spalted SYP I come across, as I really like the look of that stuff.

Blog Entries
    It appears he always uses recycled wood from pallets and old furniture. Yeah, I think the pallet wood thing is mostly nonsense, but it appears this guy manages to build some decent projects with it. It would make no sense to try to make money from a pallet wood project, but I suppose if the objective is only to recycle wood, it works.
    When I started woodworking pallet wood was all I could afford.

I also learned that pallets from print shops were often made of hardwoods from areas where things like maple, poplar and oak were more common than fir.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

I also learned that pallets from print shops were often made of hardwoods from areas where things like maple, poplar and oak were more common than fir.

jtk
    I recently scored 5 oak and 3 maple pallets that were listed in the free stuff category on Craigslist. There were some junk fir and/or pine pallets that I passed on. I didn’t ask where they came from.

10. That was a very satisfying video. I am also impressed with, and jealous of, all his cabinetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hammitte View Post
    That was a very satisfying video. I am also impressed with, and jealous of, all his cabinetry.
    He has some other videos where he repurposes and rebuilds his cabinets.