Thread: Copying pictures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    More recent Apple Pro cameras also have a ProRAW format. I use that for photos like sunrises and sunsets, as well as pictures that would look awesome after photo editing like with Lightroom, ON1, etc... They are superior, but compatibility with other people's devices is sometimes a concern.

The size limit is often an issue here with my iPhone 14 Pro Max camera's large image sizes. And no way that I could use my mirrorless camera's images here without reducing their size (62 megapixels), and converting to jpg format. But I can easily reduce their size in Lightroom or Photoshop. I'm not sure, but I would think Microsoft Photo could do the same thing. Or e-mail it to yourself and choose small or medium as the photo size. That should make things work.

Long-winded explanation, but as phone cameras get better, their image resolution and file sizes are increasing, and sometimes that becomes an issue when posting. And better quality formats don't always play nice. JPG compatibility is pretty universal, though.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 01-11-2024 at 8:49 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.