Thread: Pellet Stove and Brand

Pellet Stove and Brand

I have a 3 wall glassed in 3 seasons porch that I heat most of the time with a Mini Split heat pump. When it gets below 20 degrees or the wind is blowing the Mini can not handle.

Natural gas would be very difficult to pipe in and since we are in town Propane would be me hauling in large tanks.

Pellet stove would work great and the venting is only 3 inch. I know it would cost more per Btu than either one of other fuel sources. But I do not plan on spending 5k to buy one for what little use we will have.
    Just wondering what Brands are most reliable? I can buy this new ESW0019
    25-PDVC Englander for about $1200 and perhaps $500 for a used one just two years old, guy went to a larger one.
    Menards here also has VogelzangŪ Pellet Stoves some as low as $800 new and new also gets a 30% tax rebate. Comments please!

And Merry Christmas to all, and Holiday wishes to my Jewish and other friends!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

For natural gas look at the stainless steel flex pipe rated for NG low pressure service. It is often painted bright yellow. Much easier then trying to run black iron pipe. I do not believe the yellow plastic gas pipe can be used above ground.
    The flex stuff is pretty cheap but each fitting is expensive.
    Bill D
    https://www.amazon.com/Corrugated-St...a24edc762&th=1
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-24-2023 at 3:07 PM.