Thread: Bandsaw resaw fence

Bandsaw resaw fence

The Jan/Feb 2024 (#308) edition of Fine Woodworking magazine (out very soon if not now, I believe) carries a Shop Tip of mine to build a resaw fence.

I don't usually mention when a shop tip of mine is published (had quite a few over the years), but this one is in time for Christmas. Look out for it.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Hi Derek, yes indeed, your useful fence design is on page 15 of the current issue, thanks for sharing it.

Regards, Rod.

Saw that this morning. Was about to post it, but you beat me to it.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Derek,

Just saw this. I'm wondering if the graphic is missing a detail or if it's my brain. Is the knob intended to screw into a threaded insert that is located in the tall fence? There is mention that the knob threads into a 'slightly smaller hole' but with MDF, surely that would not secure the assembly together. What am I missing??

Steve

OK, you just made me do 2 things I've been putting off for too long 1. subscribe to Fine Woodworking, 2. Bulid a resaw fence. I've been using a drift master on the BS & get pretty decent results but today I was resawing some 9" tall domestic black walnut for a tight radius bench build & having hard time getting them thin enough to bend. They need to under 1/8" thick shooting for 3/32 to 1/16. I may need to change wood type that walnut has pretty wild grain. Anyway thanks for posting up your stuff !