Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative to Lenox Classic

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    John, the classic was in fact 3 tpi at 3/4". It's definitely available - just checked.

This is what I see on Lennox's website. Are you sure you're using the Classic?

John

Attached Images Attached Images

Isn’t that a blade for cutting metal.
    If so even a 3tpi will have a small gullet.
    Aj

Here's the link. Yes, I'm positive.
    https://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/...d-saw-blades-2

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    This is what I see on Lennox's website. Are you sure you're using the Classic?

John

Gullet is plenty large. Great blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post

From what I was told (and can tell from looking at it) the Classic with the Hook teeth is basically a wider Diemaster.

Yes, but so is the Tri-Master which some folks choose for cutting wood, too.

John

That tpi is not listed on Lennox's website. Very strange. A 0.035" thick blade isn't a great choice for most 14" saws. The wheels are small and most don't have the tension capability for something that wide and thick. Glad that it works well for you, though.

John

The two bands do look similar. Tooth geometry and set look slightly different (might just be subjective on my part). Surprisingly, both bands required the same tension, which would be what you'd expect for a 3/4 blade but much more than you'd think to put on a half inch blade.

Having used the Diemaster 2 a bit more, my vote is for the classic. Cut is both more efficient and smoother. I ordered one just to try it out a while back and now I'm glad I did. Going to order another. I understand the longevity issues on 14 inch wheels, I'm ok with that as long as I can tension properly.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Yes, but so is the Tri-Master which some folks choose for cutting wood, too.

John
    Thats a good point. I wonder if the whole Lennox classic blade is m42. I’m thinking a blade for woodworking only need to have tips in carbide or hard cobalt. Sharp big gullets get through a tall resaw faster that’s better goal rather then blade life.
    Heat build up inside the wood is what I believe causes some bowing not just wood tension.
    I have no scientific proof only my personal experience.
    Good Luck
    Aj

Heat does cause the bowing, especially when the stock is pushed through too quickly allowing the dust to be trapped in the sides of the blade instead of allowing the gullets to pull it down and through. Imho.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    Heat does cause the bowing, especially when the stock is pushed through too quickly allowing the dust to be trapped in the sides of the blade instead of allowing the gullets to pull it down and through. Imho.
    Thats true pushing a blade faster then it can cut causes all kinds of trouble. I do remember looking at that blade or something similar. For my saw it would set me back 100$. That’s half way to a carbide tipped. I get cheap carbon steel blades from my saw service that last pretty good. Cost 27$ a woodmaster ct 178$.
    Aj

That sounds like a great deal. And yeah makes no sense for you I suppose.

Thats true pushing a blade faster then it can cut causes all kinds of trouble. I do remember looking at that blade or something similar. For my saw it would set me back 100$. That’s half way to a carbide tipped. I get cheap carbon steel blades from my saw service that last pretty good. Cost 27$ a woodmaster ct 178$.