Thread: Auxilary fences

Auxilary fences

I have a new saw and want to get an auxiliary fence for it. Positive stops are an important feature and a longer fence option. Incra offers a 52" long option and has the flip stop. If money was not a consideration what would you purchase and the why over Incra.

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

I"ve always considered auxiliary fences as something to create for given purposes that work with an existing fence. But to your question, Incra certainly has a host of quality solutions...I don't even know if there is another entity that covers the ground that they do.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I with Jim on the fence part. As far as stops, I would not be without my Woodpeckers rip-flip system. I use it on every project. I know the Incra is nice, but it’s not for me. Price was not an issue and I still went with WP.

https://www.woodpeck.com/rip-flip-fence.html

Double check on the Incra fence system. I have the 32" and when I was looking into the 52", I think they have you moving the position of the 32" to a different location on the rails. Basically, what you get are longer bed rails to allow you to reposition the 32' fence.

I will say I love my Incra fence, but I'm never going to rip something that where than I need the fence that far away.