Thread: WTB Tico Vogt Shooting Board

WTB Tico Vogt Shooting Board

Anyone have the last version of Tico Vogt's shooting board for sale or one that is available for sale?

Hi Steve, sent you an IM. Thanks.

Kevin

I’d also be interested in purchasing one if another is available.

Has he stopped making/selling them? It's been the better part of two years since I last saw him, but he seemed to be going strong then.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    Has he stopped making/selling them? It's been the better part of two years since I last saw him, but he seemed to be going strong then.
    He did. I emailed him last year and he said that he no longer makes them

Hi all,

Not to hijack Steve’s thread, but I do have one of John’s shooting boards to offer if anyone is interested. (I did offer to Steve privately and he really wants Tico’s style.) I own 2 of them as I had 2 shops at one point, that’s why I’m selling this one. This is his “basic” board so does not include the long add-on 45 degree bevel piece, longer fence, etc. It’s in new condition and is very well built. What’s so nice is the ability to tackle miters from either side with just a regular bench plane or low angle jack. The dedicated shooting planes are awesome except for the fact they are one side or the other.

I’d like to get about $50 for it plus shipping (I have a box for it, but it’s not light). Please let me know if any interest. I’d really like to have it go to someone else’s shop as I no longer need two of them.

Thanks.
    Kevin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2269.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	513327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2270.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	513328

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    Sure looks like he’s still at it. He has them listed on his website for $405.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Sure looks like he’s still at it. He has them listed on his website for $405.
    You sure? i just went to his site and product page doesn't load when trying to order

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kapl View Post
    You sure? i just went to his site and product page doesn't load when trying to order
    Well Alex, I missed your post #6. Didn’t mean to appear to challenge what you said there. My apologies.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 01-08-2024 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Erroneous response
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Well Alex, I missed your post #6. Didn’t mean to appear to challenge what you said there. My apologies.
    No worries. I just saw your note and wanted to order it as i was looking for it 2 years ago and reached out to him

How much are Johns boards?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I'll be posting one on eBay (down sizing shop) in the cmoing week, Lightly used, with the donkey ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Estes View Post
    I'll be posting one on eBay (down sizing shop) in the cmoing week, Lightly used, with the donkey ear.
    Just post it here and save some money vs ebay

I've been using eBay for years. I've tried Craig's List with mixed results. eBay takes its not insubstantial cut, but it gets the job done with minimal fuss and saves time. I'll list it as "Tico Vogt shooting board" and the listing will be open by 9pm Thursday evening. Also, easier on the buyer. I have almost 2,000 transactions (about 1/3 are sales) with 5 star rating throughout.