Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type of paint for dominoes

Quote Originally Posted by Kendall Scheier View Post
    you didn’t miss it lol, I didn’t initially say that I had one. No need to go bragging about a cool tool. I agree, however, your solution was very valid and a good resource for others
    Running the dots on the material before cutting into domino playing pieces is a great way to do it, Shaper Origin, CNC or not! This comes under the concept of "order of operation"...as well as the very real fact it's easier to "do stuff" to a larger piece of material than a really tiny on.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Testors is no more.
    The powers to be at Rustoleum (RPM Mfg.) decided the world would be a better place if small jars of enamel didn't exist so the did away with the entire line.
    That was back in 2021.

What's left on shelves is what there is, so, make sure if you start with it, you have enough to finish the job because if they run out local - you could be in for a problem.

There are acrylic hobby enamels is small containers available. I buy mine from WalMart - only because they are cheap.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Rather than a paint brush, I would use an eyedropper to fill the dimples with paint. With a little practice you can get just the right amount to fill the dimple with enough paint and nothing on the surface of the domino. Something like this would work and could be rinsed out and reused many times for future projects. . https://www.amazon.ca/Dropper-Glass-...zcF9hdGY&psc=1

If the pieces are already dimpled, I’d paint the whole piece, dimples and all, then sand off the faces.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Thanks for all of the ideas and suggestions everyone. I figured I would share what the project ended up looking like and what I did. I used a toothpick and let the paint drip down the toothpick and into the dimples. If I do these again I will probably put blue tape over the pieces before I cut the dimples.

I was able to find some testor paints from hobby lobby in bright colors. Then I finished with shellac. I made 54 of these.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done, Sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Well done, Sir!

thank you Ken. Stellar name btw