Thread: used minmax SC3 Slider

Blog Entries

used minmax SC3 Slider

Are these considered good saws? There is one about 6 hours away from me going for $1k... It looks like it was used rougher than I prefer, but assuming it's in average shape (and the ways are good).. ie I have to bring it back to life w/ some standard stuff like belts and bearings..

Thoughts?

(Max Crosscut is 1600 mm / 62 inches... for 5x5 sheets I imagine)
    Yes, I have 3 phase!

I have an SC3C in my shop. Granted, it's a current machine, but it's every bit as good as the S315WS (bigger machine) I had in the previous shop. I really am enjoying it. My capacities are the same/similar to what you mentioned. EDIT...but this is a new one, not an old one.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-17-2023 at 9:40 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I think there are three lines of SCM but not sure, Looked at a slider at a good price but it was lighter so passed on it. The SI 16 green two tone heavier stuff and invincible heavier still. Ive got the two tone green and consider that their medium level stuff but could be wrong.

So, the SC3 has been around since at least the early 90’s. If it’s being offered for $1K, I would expect a PROJECT. The parts that will be difficult or even impossible to source out will be the rip fence, crosscut fence/flip stops, and frame table. The vast majority of vintage SC3’s I’ve seen in shops were relegated to either ripping-only duty or as assembly tables. Hope this helps.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

that makes sense about the ripping Erik. Thanks for mentioning that and ive seen auction ones that way as well and now get it.

On this entry level SCM I can conventional rip so thought right away that has value to be used with a full sized saw. Ive seen those saws around for 2k pretty complete but think a model or two up as they were 9HP

Steer clear unless as Erik said, you want a project. Do some Google work to confirm if you want to.