Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easiest trestle table base design

Here’s the wood I have for the base structure…
    IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0278.jpgIMG_0279.jpg

some nice sticks Tony. Do you have one long enough to be a stretcher ( approximately 60 inches ) do you have any 6/4 or 8/4 stock? Show your wife this trestle base and see if she likes it. I, too, did an edge joint with hot hide glue for the table top. The base has been fun to work on - it is all bridle joints - it is sturdy without glue, but I will use glue when I deliver it to my son and daughter in law when they move in their new townhouse.

trestle table 1.jpgtrestle table 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    some nice sticks Tony. Do you have one long enough to be a stretcher ( approximately 60 inches ) do you have any 6/4 or 8/4 stock? Show your wife this trestle base and see if she likes it. I, too, did an edge joint with hot hide glue for the table top. The base has been fun to work on - it is all bridle joints - it is sturdy without glue, but I will use glue when I deliver it to my son and daughter in law when they move in their new townhouse.

trestle table 1.jpgtrestle table 2.jpg
    all of it except the one piece laying on top of the poplar is 8/4. That piece is about 5 or 6/4. That board is about 12’ but it has a crook.

So many good options for the stretcher. One thing I will offer on the table I built is taht with the stretcher high up under the table the space below the table has become the fort for the Grandkids and their friends and with an 84” table a lot of them can fit under there. Oh, and the dogs need a place to hide out too. It is about 6 yrs old now and no racking whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    So many good options for the stretcher. One thing I will offer on the table I built is taht with the stretcher high up under the table the space below the table has become the fort for the Grandkids and their friends and with an 84” table a lot of them can fit under there. Oh, and the dogs need a place to hide out too. It is about 6 yrs old now and no racking whatsoever.
    Thanks. We’re leaning towards that design.