Thread: Vacuum hose adhesive

Vacuum hose adhesive

I need to adhere the old hose end to a new vacuum hose. The new hose almost feels like it is made of some sort of silicone type material, very smooth and almost slippery to touch. It is a conventional/everyday vac replacement hose off Amazon. But nothing seems to stick to it. Does anyone know what type of adhesive product will chemically bond to this hose?

Chemically bond, no. But I've used hot melt to repair dust hoses.

Shoe goo works pretty well for stuff like that. Etch with some harsh chemical first.

+1 for Shoe Goo - just make sure it's labeled "Original".
    I used that stuff to mount a Southern exposure motion detecting spot light to my garage a few months after we moved in, back in 1986.
    The spot light was still stuck on tight when we moved out a year ago.

I've also used it to repair a number of shoes & boots over the years with a lot of good results.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I would use a fitting to do this. Either a barbed fitting or if you have the both the id and od of both you can order specialty fittings. I did a hose swap on a 93 RX7 it had 93 vacuum lines that I cut the rubber hoses out and replaced them with silicone hoses for a friend. It was a time consuming job but the Silicone hose was super strong with all aspects of pressure and vacuum but if anything sharp even grazed it it would split right open.so it cuts super easy be careful of that.

Had some original black Shoe Goo, cleaned and roughed the hose with a grinding wheel. The Shoe Goo seemed to stick but only time will tell. Working well for now. Noticed that the “active ingredient” appears to be Toluene, which is strong solvent. Might get some to use on other hard to bond materials.
    thanks for the help.