Thread: Creeker’s Past Week’s Accomplishments

Creeker’s Past Week’s Accomplishments

Hi, Christmas is getting closer every day, fortunately I have the 4 rabbits completed.

IMG_2198.jpg

They have an eccentric rear wheel, so they hop when pulled.

As all the recipients are very young, the string is not attached and can be added when or if their parents deem it appropriate.

So what have you been up to?

Regards, Rod

Made good progress on a batch of 5 pickleball themed cheese/charcuterie/cutting boards. I need one for a gift for a party next week, should be good to go. That was about it as far as shop time for me.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Those are really cute, Rod!!!!

More recuperating from the wrist surgery but things are much better now with the short cast as I have more use of my fingers/thumb and that helps with many things. I'm thinking about projects that will come when I can safely use machinery; probably CNC first for obvious reasons, but I suspect that something "Santa" is dropping off will be giving me some shop time doing a whole lot of hand tool sharpening.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

No woodworking for me this week. Busy week with social life, as it's the Christmas season. Helped friend's daughter to get a "working" washing machine to laundry on second floor of house. Her, just out of warranty, Samsung front loaded puked, and right now her personal situation doesn't allow for repairs. She has been taking laundry over tho her mothers to do. She had almost no water flow to inlet. Found a commode flap that wasn't just leaking, it was pouring water down the drain. Thankfully she is on a well, and not paying for city water. Made a pot of "killer chili," similar to what you get at Wendy's. Shared it with daughter and some widow friends. Made some smash burgers on the griddle. Usual biscuits on Saturday morning. Saturday night, worked as a parking lot attendant at church's Christmas drama. During Sunday morning worship services, friend passed out during a hymn. She was standing in the front row. Caused quite a stir. EMS took her to ER, where they determined she was dehydrated. Seems to be OK today. Finished getting nativity scene up by front fence Had almost four inches of rain yesterday, so roadway at creek was flooded this morning till after rush hour. Lots of cars turning around in street and driveways.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 12-11-2023 at 9:27 PM.

Kind of the same report as last week. Milled the legs for the BB counter, and checked the layout at the site, getting the client's choice of some stopped edge details on the legs. Need just one more coat of "Good Stuff" (wiping varnish- recommended) on the top.
    Cut 6x10 PSL beam into 17" lengths (16" beam saw) to make a chunky end table- they will have to dry for a good bit. Used a wheel sander to clean up 1x12 rough redwood (board & batten) siding for reuse on the cottage. Many pieces will be reversed.
    Roped into helping my son redo his laundry room, water heater, & plumbing- a rats nest (figuratively and literally) of poor quality work by the previous owners.

Thanks Jim, I really like the shape and the ears….. Regards, Rod