Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabinet saw w/ scoring blade?

When running melamine, and other laminates, I make a scoring pass (about 1/8" deep) first, and then cut thru on next pass.

MiniMax SC10. They come up on the used market at times.

ive seen the SCM SI 15 and 16SF come up here from time to time. Usually at auctions they were about 2k Can dinaros. There are two different slider tracks on them ive got the simpler one of the two. Might be harder to rip like a cab saw on the other carriage system now sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    There was at least one scoring blade attachment made for cabinet saws. Aftermarket, smaller blade height, etc.
    Long since deceased , Modulus did have some add on scoring mechanisms for various saws. They come up from time to time on the secondary market.

Sometimes new in the box.

They did not have a good reputation. I believe the overall consensus was you’re better off buying a couple of quality dedicated melamine blades to have on hand and rotate in out from your sharpener.
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 12-10-2023 at 10:38 PM.

Andrew,

One thing is for sure: if you get a slider with a scoring blade you won’t regret it! Just keep looking. I just did some cabs with prefinished interiors and I didn’t even think about the cuts, just perfect every time.

And that’s just one benefit of a slider!

Jeff