Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new supplier for Lenox Bandsaw blades

Need new supplier for Lenox Bandsaw blades

In the past I have ordered from Spectrum Supply, but I'm having all kinds of problems getting a recent order processed by them. They appear to have been acquired by another company and the accounting dept there doesn't seem to have it's systems/act together.

Any recommendations for other suppliers?
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

I have good luck with BandSawBladesDirect.com

Phil

i just got a blade from Spectrum this week. Aside from having to call me for a bit of credit card info their web site doesn't ask for it was painless. I'll put up with a bit of hassle to save about $70 on a blade vs bandsawbladesdirect, who took forever and a day to fulfill my last order with them.

I had problems with Spectrum, too. The route of it was my Chase Visa card. It's related to Spectrum being owned by another company, and Chase won't authorize the purchase. However, the transaction worked fine with my MasterCard. The route of the problem is at Spectrum but there are workarounds. The savings (about $100/blade) justified the extra work.

John

I’ve used woodcraft bands in NC (not THE woodcraft) several times but has been a couple years. Had good prices and were fast.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    I had problems with Spectrum, too. The route of it was my Chase Visa card. It's related to Spectrum being owned by another company, and Chase won't authorize the purchase. However, the transaction worked fine with my MasterCard. The route of the problem is at Spectrum but there are workarounds. The savings (about $100/blade) justified the extra work.

John
    John -- I had exactly the same issue. I guess I'm just not willing to deal with a company that can't process a simple credit card transaction with a major bank. Hopefully they can get their accounting issues resolved.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

I've had excellent service with BladeSerpent. I just recently learned though that they do not weld their own blades. The first batch of blades I got from them, the welds were perfect. Couldn't hardly find them. Second blade order, a weld was bad and the blade broke within 10 minutes of mounting it. Working with their customer service, which was excellent, I had a new blade in 2 days, and it is an excellent blade.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

+1 for bandsaw-blades-direct-dot-com.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    i just got a blade from Spectrum this week. Aside from having to call me for a bit of credit card info their web site doesn't ask for it was painless. I'll put up with a bit of hassle to save about $70 on a blade vs bandsawbladesdirect, who took forever and a day to fulfill my last order with them.
    I had the same credit card experience with them last week in that they called for some additional card info. It was a polite, short call my Woodmaster CT arrived this week. I’m happy with the savings.

I initially bought a few lower priced Lenox Woodmaster C from BandsawBladesDirec over the summer to replace a Resaw King. Fast service but I can’t get a good cut from either one of the CT bands. It may just be the wrong bands for my saw (18 Taiwan Laguna). They both extend about 1/2” to the right despite time spent fiddling with the guides. Very strange.
    Last edited by Patrick Curry; 12-09-2023 at 1:35 AM.

I've had good luck with this place:
    https://www.bandsawbladecenter.com/Diemaster2.html

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    I’ve used woodcraft bands in NC (not THE woodcraft) several times but has been a couple years. Had good prices and were fast.
    John retired, and sold his business to Union Grove Saw.

Thanks for the update Bruce, that will save me some time when I go to order some blades next time.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Def would recommend BandsawBladesDirect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Thanks for the update Bruce, that will save me some time when I go to order some blades next time.
    I used to use Woodcraft, and last year I ordered some blades from Union Grove. They still had all of John's contact info (a box of index cards, I believe) and they hired his blade welder. The blades were reasonably priced and arrived in a timely manner. I don't know what they are using for blade stock, but I seem to remember John used Starret.

I get my Woodmaster CT from Bandsawbladesdirect.
    Last edited by Dave Cav; 12-10-2023 at 7:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    I used to use Woodcraft, and last year I ordered some blades from Union Grove. They still had all of John's contact info (a box of index cards, I believe) and they hired his blade welder. The blades were reasonably priced and arrived in a timely manner. I don't know what they are using for blade stock, but I seem to remember John used Starret.

I get my Woodmaster CT from Bandsawbladesdirect.
    I used to get Lennox Diemasters from Woodcraft Bands. If memory serves me correct, John stocked more than one brand.