Thread: Rikon 10-325 Bandsaw Belt Help

Rikon 10-325 Bandsaw Belt Help

The belt broke on my bandsaw and I got a new belt for it, but in reviewing I see there are two different grooves you can use on both pulleys. Does anyone know what ones to place it on? The ones closet to the door or the ones closest to the inside compartment? (front or back)
    All I use it for is wood.

Thanks
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

It depends on what speed you want to run the saw at. I can't reember off the top of my head which belt position gives you which speed. On my saw there is a sticker inside the bottom door showing the belt positions. I don't have access to my shop at the moment or I would check for you.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Smaller on the motor will be slower. 1445 and 2950 FPM from what I found. I might be inclined, if I had one, to try it on the slow setting and see how it does. Lower speed equals less heat, equals longer blade life ... usually.

Do you know how it came from the factory?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

The bigger pulley on the motor equals higher speed. IIRC the smaller motor pulley = around 1400 ft./min blade speed, larger motor pulley = around 3000 ft./min. It seems like 3000 ft./min is recommended for cutting wood so larger driver smaller driven. Lower speed could be used for nonferrous metal perhaps? I guess the lower speed could be used to cut wood but at about half the feed rate of the higher speed.

Half the speed equals twice the torque, which gives twice the 'power' to the blade. Maybe better with an aggressive resaw blade.

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Do you know how it came from the factory?
    Pretty sure it comes set on the slow speed. I moved it to the higher speed when I started ripping more lumber with the BS. Seems to cut more efficiently.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Blog Entries
    Mine came from the factory set to high speed. Low speed is for metal work.

I have the C-Man model of this saw, the belt just broke as well. Ordered it on Amazon. The pulley diagram is on the diagram as others have said.