Thread: Seattle Area Windstorm

Seattle Area Windstorm

We're getting sustained winds of 40-50mph and gusts up to 70 here,
    I'm trying to get some work done at the shop and so far the backup has kicked in 3 times on the PC for a few seconds. At home the power has been out since 6am. On the drive in the roads were green, carpeted with fir branches, some big enough to have to swerve around. Nothing like the
    hurricanes but our northwest version of suffering from bad weather. I may
    have to fire up the generator tomorrow to watch the superbowl
    where I hear it's going to be snowing.

GO SEAHAWKS!!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

The winds are probably just the "pre-suck" from the Superbowl halftime show.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Yep. There is a winter storm warning here. It is raining right now, but in the past 15 minutes or so, its been starting to look like some snow is mixed in. The warning says about 8" in Detroit. Gonna be a fun weekend for all those out-of-towners.

I kinda like the wind for a change. The 3 70 foot tall fir trees 30 feet from my house worry me some
    Lee, I think it was about 10 years ago the Hawks almost became the Anaheim Seahawks, maybe if they had, the Stones wouldn't look all that bad ")
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley
    Lee, I think it was about 10 years ago the Hawks almost became the Anaheim Seahawks...
    I know, it scared the heck out of me: if LA ever gets an NFL team again, we'll get a lot fewer good games to watch on TV.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.