Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archie Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    My wife was a fan of that show. It was really toned down from the movie on which it was based, but I agree. It was a good show and Carrol O'Connor was excellent.
    I thought I never saw it, on further review, I googled it and recognized it. Yes great movie!
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-08-2023 at 4:35 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Some of the funniest interactions were between Archie and Edith's sister, Maude. One of my favorites was when Maude was telling Archie dinner was ready. She said something like, "Are you going to come to the table or just sit there and live off your fat? In your case, that should last you about six months."
    That reminded me of an interaction on The Honeymooners. Ralph is explaining why he doesn't like his mother-in-law to Alice. At their wedding reception she was going around telling people, "I haven't lost a daughter, I've gained a ton."

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

My favorite Archie Bunker line, and appropriate for the season, is set at what I believe is a Christmas Eve dinner and Archie is saying grace. Paraphrased roughly: "Hi Lord, A. Bunker here, once again when Christmas has got us by the throat.".

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    One of my all time favorites: A Sock And A Sock And A Shoe And A Shoe!

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney