Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vcarve Flat Depth

Since you've said that the VCarve preview looks good, you should be looking that the machine setup for an answer. As I asked in my first reply, what post processor are you using?
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Since you've said that the VCarve preview looks good, you should be looking that the machine setup for an answer. As I asked in my first reply, what post processor are you using?
    Onefinity Inch

George, how are you setting z-zero? If you move to a safe place not over the workpiece and type G0 Z0 in g-code where does the bit go?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    George, how are you setting z-zero? If you move to a safe place not over the workpiece and type G0 Z0 in g-code where does the bit go?
    I am using a piece of paper over the workpiece and using game controller to manually set x,y,z. I lower z till the paper just starts getting stuck by bit. I can try the gcode entry tonight

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    I am using a piece of paper over the workpiece and using game controller to manually set x,y,z. I lower z till the paper just starts getting stuck by bit. I can try the gcode entry tonight
    Ok, it's just strange. The settings and tool database entries look correct. By all accounts it appears that either Z is wrong or you inserted the wrong tool for the job. I was asking about z-zero just in case you were using one of those xyz probes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Ok, it's just strange. The settings and tool database entries look correct. By all accounts it appears that either Z is wrong or you inserted the wrong tool for the job. I was asking about z-zero just in case you were using one of those xyz probes.
    I may try a firmware update just in case there is a bug that messes with z

Im sorry everybody I think I just figured it out. I upgraded the zaxis to onefinitys z20 heavy duty system and didnt change the settings for it. It is meant to move faster and have more torque. The unit is turning x amount of revolutions thinking its .1" but is actually traveling double.

Im sorry everybody I think I just figured it out. I upgraded the zaxis to onefinitys z20 heavy duty system and didnt change the settings for it. It is meant to move faster and have more torque. The unit is turning x amount of revolutions thinking its .1" but is actually traveling double.
    Great! Yea, I was thinking the next step would be to walk down some g-code steps starting with my G0 Z0 and then G0 Z0-0.1 to see if we're getting proper travel. I just couldn't think what else it could be.

Glad you figured it out George. Didn't 1F make you aware of the need to do that?

I am a regular on the OneFinity CNC User Group on Facebook. Lots of people with experience and knowledge on both the machines and VCarve.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Glad you figured it out George. Didn't 1F make you aware of the need to do that?

I am a regular on the OneFinity CNC User Group on Facebook. Lots of people with experience and knowledge on both the machines and VCarve.

John
    It seams I didnt follow All of the instructions. I'm on the 1F forum but usually only log in 1 time a month or so. The amount of time I spend on SMC usually fills my downtime at work. I check activity while finishing my morning coffee and usually 2-3 times a day for 5-10 min. This is my favorite community.