Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12-15 year old Craftsman professional saw have anyreal resale value?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mackell View Post
    Currently selling for $50 to $100 in local area. When and if they actually sell.
    Dang, for $50 you can get a rusted, broken contractor saw with no motor in my neck of the woods.

OP's saw is an easy $400-$600 in my area.

It's a hybrid saw with a great fence. The old contractor saws had a bad rep for two reasons.. Lots of mistreated saws around, and the regular fence was worthless. Most of them of CL look like they have been outside for years.

Your saw is about $5-600 here.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Sure looks like a 22124 (if the Bies fence is original). If so, made by Orion (also made Steel City cabinet saws) and if i recall correctly has cabinet mounted trunnions. Might be hard to overcome the brand, but that saw had a pretty good rep back in the day. Much as i'd like to step up to a cabinet saw with 3 HP--this one would tempt me at $500 with the fence and no miter gauge. Nice saw and looks well kept Brian!!
    That's the model and the fence is original and they are cabinet mounted trunions. Thanks. Brian
    Brian

I had one of those for years and it's a great saw. It's a hybrid cabinet saw with cabinet mounted trunions and a 120v 1.75 hp motor. Had absolutely no complaints with it. Only reason I moved it on to my son was a good bonus from work and wanted the safety features of a sawstop.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Brian I just recently picked up one of these in my area for $150.00 and found it to be a nice saw for what it is. They were made by Steel City.
    Also by chance do you have the manual for the saw? As mine did not come with one and I have been looking for one.

Thanks Richard
    Steel City never made anything. They were always an import company, so that saw was made in the same Asian factory as Steel City would be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Brian I just recently picked up one of these in my area for $150.00 and found it to be a nice saw for what it is. They were made by Steel City.
    Also by chance do you have the manual for the saw? As mine did not come with one and I have been looking for one.

Thanks Richard
    Richard, were you able to get the manual? Brian
    Brian

I just thought about a new comp for Brian's saw. I think Grizzly's G0771Z is a pretty good comp. 2 h.p. but will run on either 120 volts or 240 volts. Brian's saw probably has a more desirable fence otherwise they seem pretty close. Grizzly new $1150 so using the 50% rule of thumb for used equipment $575 and no shipping.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/gri...d-fence/g0771z