Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone have an auto shutoff leak detector system?

Don't know about the others but I've been told the regular electric water heater does not and the elements should be always covered. From what I see the thermostat mounts on the outside of the tank and there is nothing inside other than the heater. Now, a gas/oil one may be more like a boiler system and boiler systems do have low water monitors.

when I leave for any exteneded time I shut the water off. When I was on my own water system I would turn the breaker off

For a few months, when in the basement bathroom, I could hear a slight tinkling of water from upstairs in the plastic sewer line which was right next to the john... I finally determined the valve in our bedroom bathroom tank wasn't shutting totally off. Finally replaced it one day, and only a few days later I got a letter in the mail from the City, alerting me to the fact that they have leak-detectors on their water meters, which detected a very slow but steady constant flow of water. I thought that was pretty cool, that the water dept. would know about it even if I didnt--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle