Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need a new table saw sawstop vs harvey

Need a new table saw sawstop vs harvey

ALPHA HW110LC-36P $2400 delivered price vs similar sawstop with 1 set ea for std blade & daido blade for $3300 delivered. I hate spending 1000 more for the sawstop and can't understand why harvey is charging $500 for delivery? Rockler & woodcraft won't let you pick up at their store must be direct ship even if you pay freight. Wanted to have them deal with any delivery damage.

Wierd.

Brian
    Brian

My local woodcraft was offering delivery at one point. I don't remember if they charged for it, but I want to say it was a very reasonable and nominal cost, like $50 or something. You have to buy in store though, the online shopping is a separate entity than the in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Myles Moran View Post
    My local woodcraft was offering delivery at one point. I don't remember if they charged for it, but I want to say it was a very reasonable and nominal cost, like $50 or something. You have to buy in store though, the online shopping is a separate entity than the in store.
    I can use my truck to pick it up, just wanted them to receive it for me. I will call them. thanks. brian
    Brian

Harvey will sometimes work with your on shopping price if you call in and speak with a live person.

Oh oh, Sawstop in the title! This will be good for at least 3 pages. LOL

Wow that's a lot of money for a table saw that only spins a 10in blade.

I think Fastenal might work to recieve a shipment. I know they will ship machines for you from one store to another for a good price. You have to pick up and/or deliver to their store.
    Bill D.

For $2,400 why new. I can understand a sawstop but what makes a harvey better then a fifty year old powermatic or unisaw? I think my Rockwell was made in 1962. With new arbor bearings it is better then new since I swapped in a unifence.
    Bill D
    Northfield for 1,500
    https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...692739568.html

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...685808716.html
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/t...693365669.html
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-03-2023 at 11:35 AM.

Hi Brian, the Sawstop honestly is a no brainer, it’s a great saw and has an active safety system, buy it.

Delivery is expensive today, $500 doesn’t seem out of line depending upon distance and truck required (lift gate?).

Regards, Rod

The Northfield #4 looks nice to me. But it is big.
    That seems like a good price for the Grizzly slider and it is single phase. Claim is a slider keeps fingers safely away from the blade so it is almost as safe as a sawstop.
    Bill D
    http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/tablesaws/4saw.htm

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/t...693365669.html
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-03-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Brian, the Sawstop honestly is a no brainer, it’s a great saw and has an active safety system, buy it.

Delivery is expensive today, $500 doesn’t seem out of line depending upon distance and truck required (lift gate?).

Regards, Rod
    My lift gate delivery, last week, was over $500 from Sacramento to outside Tucson.

If I was shopping tablesaws, and didn't want the sawstop/PCS (or a slider), I'd get a used unisaw or PM66. Both are bargains on the used market.
    Last edited by mike stenson; 12-03-2023 at 9:18 PM.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Both are good saws. I personally own a SawStop. Powerful motor, cuts perfectly straight, easy to setup and adjust and really great fence.

I have purchased a couple large machines at Woodcraft. Both were shipped free to the store (I ordered in store). I picked both up at the store. They loaded them into my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Norton View Post
    I have purchased a couple large machines at Woodcraft. Both were shipped free to the store (I ordered in store). I picked both up at the store. They loaded them into my truck.
    I called to confirm with Woodcraft to make my local guys would. thanks brian
    Brian

I am obliged to say that Harvey is chinese: for those that are concerned about that.