Thread: Creeker’s Past Week’s Accomplishments

Creeker’s Past Week’s Accomplishments

Hi, I thought I would step up and give Dennis a much deserved break.

I became a Grandfather and a Great-Uncle this year so I’m making a few wood rabbit pull toys. They’re made of maple and walnut I milled from local trees, and have a third eccentric rear wheel that makes them hop.

I’ve also been making a live edge Cherry stool for my oldest daughter, she wants black metal legs, Amazon to the rescue😎.

Here’s a photo of the rabbit body being grooved and a photo of all five items partially finished.

I notice it’s snowing heavily outside which means I’m going to have to sweep off the Christmas tree before bringing it inside today, I should have done that yesterday.

So, what have you been up to last week?

Regards, Rod

IMG_2064.jpgIMG_2136.jpg

Thanks for stepping in, Rod!!

No woodworking for me for a bit...finally got my right wrist "redesigned" last Monday so I'm a (terrible) lefty for a bit. I'm back to cooking (nothing requiring two hand like knife work) and driving but mostly its reading and watching videos.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Jim, I am happy to make a very small contribution to SMC.

I hope you have a complete and rapid recovery

Regards, Rod

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Ditto, thanks Rod!
    My granddaughter has a new horse and requested a new stable sign. It's done except for the finishing.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Thanks for stepping up!

The mirror frame got completed and installed (see 'projects')
    The jobsite jointer should have it's first on the job use today (see 'shop made machines')
    The custom end grain BB counter is coming along
    Scrounged & cleaning up some large beams. Anyone looking for a 5 1/4" thick glue-lam bench top?

IMG_4620.jpgIMG_4619.jpg

Dennis, thanks for the many years posting the weekend thread. I've followed for a long time. Rod, thanks for keeping the tradition going. I'll post here for the first time to honor both

This weekend, I finished taping up the duct work on my upgraded DC, which is a relief, but still have a bit of fiddling to add the last couple drops. I also finished a small folding table/shelf that was straight off the HoneyDo list that will be mostly used for repotting plants. And finished stacking this year's firewood.

IMG_7878.jpgIMG_7879.jpgIMG_7880.jpg

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra