Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency liquidation - auction houses?

John, could you post a list of the machinery that you have, including make and model?
    thanks, Fred

Having a session with a lawyer or magistrate might be worth the cost or hassle if you have lots of equipment. Find out your rights from somebody who knows for sure, not what people here who aren’t lawyers or law enforcement think. My 2 cents.

You can get labor and a truck from UHAUL and get it all out in one shot. They also have storage in the large locations
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you go with the PODS idea, check the rating of the floor. Something in the back of my brain says machinery might exceed the lbs./square foot rating of the containers. There other alternatives though PODS is the best known. Here are some options. I have no experience with any of them.

https://mercuryautotransport.com/pods-alternatives/

Blog Entries
    When I lived in the Kansas City area, the Kansas City Woodworkers Guild would help with liquidations. They had a large room that could be used so they would move the shop contents there. Then a team of volunteers would identify and price the items. They advertised widely and moved the stuff to a larger room for the weekend sales. Like most sales companies, they charged 20%. Guild members were not allowed to buy until the second day. My understanding was that clients were very pleased.

mypoint is that maybe there’s a WW club that might help with a liquidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    If you go with the PODS idea, check the rating of the floor. Something in the back of my brain says machinery might exceed the lbs./square foot rating of the containers. There other alternatives though PODS is the best known. Here are some options. I have no experience with any of them.

https://mercuryautotransport.com/pods-alternatives/
    Weight limit varies by size. They don't have a lb/sqft rating as such, but the smallest one is actually rated for the most weight.
    Does PODS have a weight limit? PODZILLA can lift an impressive amount, but there is a PODS weight limit, depending on the container's size. The limit for 8-foot containers is 5,200 pounds; 12-foot containers, 4,700; and 16-foot containers, 4,200.
    https://www.pods.com/blog/moving-container-sizes
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I would assume the diminishing weights as the containers get bigger reflect the tare weight of the empty box subtracted from the load capacity of the vehicle that carries them.

Good advice across the board. Get it out and be done with him. On the other hand, at least in NC, the landlord cannot padlock, change the locks, cut off the utilities, etc. As a landlord myself, you have to got through eviction proceedings even if there is only a verbal or implied lease. If push comes to shove, then consult an attorney about the technicalities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Hoyt View Post
    I would assume the diminishing weights as the containers get bigger reflect the tare weight of the empty box subtracted from the load capacity of the vehicle that carries them.
    It probably reflects the change in COG for the capability for the lift vehicle to not tip while handling the load.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute