Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hamburger pictures

post #4 for falling down.

When my mom was passing I had two hour drive each way. Long days and no time to cook so grabbed Macdonalds from take out and ate while driving on back roads. No cars just me so safe. I had it once or twice the odd day, pretty much each day for two weeks. At 67 in decent shape from working from young. Trashed my stomach in that two weeks.

Havent had a great burger in years. There are 10 places better than harveys. Then better than them are places like the Golden Star if they are still there. Last time I checked they were and there since 64. Best burger ever a friend cooked came from a butcher in Bracebridge. Pre made frozen. Friend doctored it up a bit and it was the best so far.

My opinion is that Micky D's burgers are the worst in the business...overly salty and bland at the same time and just greasy grey meat. Their McCrispy Chicken Sandwich (deluxe for me) is very worthy and the only thing I will eat there. But even on a good day with a good worker making it, it's still not quite as attractive as the photos.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Our attraction to McDonald's these days is quick and easy access from the highway to the bathroom. It is nice that many locations kept the bathrooms available even when dine in was closed due to covid.
    Best Regards, Maurice

i wasnt getting burgers there it was a grilled spicey chicken thing. Havent had a burger there in likely 40 years. The chicken thing and fries were enough to pack on the pounds in that short time.

I can confirm Moolahs makes a outstanding burger and French fries.
    Inflation doesn't help

Blog Entries
    It is interesting to observe the price variation from location to location when you are on the road. My last cheeseburger was in Cloverdale Indiana. It was .99 cents and put together just like in the picture. I know picky people, including a Chef, who will go out of their way to get a filet-O-fish. The Chef has a funny stand up comedy style dialogue about his attraction to the Filet-O-Fish.

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 6.48.42 AM.png
    Best Regards, Maurice