Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There Any Difference in Paint Brands?

I have a lot I could say about the different SW top of the line paints over at least three decades, but haven't had time to set down and type it out.

Duration was top of the line before they came out with Emerald. Super Paint was top of the line before Duration. I've used all of it.

Skipping to now, they have one called Emerald Rain Refresh. This is the first over a hundred bucks a gallon paint I've ever seen for house paint. I thought it was crazy. Long story shortened for time, it may be crazy, but it's worth it. More later.

I did use some top line Home Depot exterior paint because one client read in Consumer Reports that it rated best. It did not bond well over caulking and has not held up anything like some Duration that we put on another house twice as long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    I'm not sure there's much difference between brands, eg comparing Ben Moore to SW, but there are huge differences between the high and low end paints within a brand in terms of cover, longevity and ease of application.
    That is how I see it too Roger.