Thread: SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table?

SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table?

My SawStop 52" ICS has a SawStop router table mounted on the left side. I was thinking of moving the router table to right side and install a SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table in its place. I'm assuming the overall length of the setup will be about same with the extension table removed. I use an Incra miter gauge and crosscut sleds mainly. Will the sliding crosscut table eliminate the need for the miter gauge. Any new comments on the sliding crosscut table itself?

The slider totally eliminates any need for a miter gauge but you'll still need your sleds. Also, you're going to need a little more room on the left than you have now. The slider is a little wider than the extension table and the bar itself is quite long. My setup is a little different. I'm using a unisaw and the Harvey slider but same basic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
    My SawStop 52" ICS has a SawStop router table mounted on the left side. I was thinking of moving the router table to right side and install a SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table in its place. I'm assuming the overall length of the setup will be about same with the extension table removed. I use an Incra miter gauge and crosscut sleds mainly. Will the sliding crosscut table eliminate the need for the miter gauge. Any new comments on the sliding crosscut table itself?

Thanks for the input John. Based on photos and info. on SawStop's website it looks like the slider can be used with the left wing in place or removed. If removed it appears the space is about the same as the router table and left wing. If the wing is removed it also appears that the slider could interfere with some of my crosscut sleds. On the right side of the saw it looks like I would lose about 16" if my 52" extension is removed and the router table is put in place. I hardly ever use the space taken up by the 52" extension so this seems like a winning combination so far. I just have to make sure there is enough clearance between the router table and the wall it's up against. I also think my dust collection would be simplified.

I have the Harvey on my ICS with the extension still on the saw. I would recommend the Harvey slider over the sawstop. Harvey appears to make both but the Harvey has more features. I signed up for their emails and got it for $950 on a flash sale a few months ago, gotta play the Harvey pricing game. Can't help on size, don't have a router table on my saw and kept the wing so my saw got bigger.

Thanks Darrell! I didn't know Harvey was an option and made SawStop's slider. I'll check it out. I just received word from SawStop that if I place the router on the right side and use the 36" rails there will be a gap in between. Unfortunately they do not make an extension for it. Odd??? Not a huge problem as it would be easy to make. Here's a few pics of my current setup.
    Woodworking 001.jpgWoodworking 002.jpg

No thoughts on the Harvey or SawStop slider because I have the Jessem. I will say that I threw away all of my sleds and still use my Incra miter gauge on the small stuff.

I have the Harvey. I think the overall build is better and I got mine for 950 in a flash sale.

I still use my JessEm miter occasionally when the pieces are smaller.

I build mainly furniture so I set it up to be flush with the back giving me about 39” of crosscut capacity. Never needed more. Overall I love having it.