Thread: VEVOR Professional Disc/Belt Sander Opine

VEVOR Professional Disc/Belt Sander Opine

Does any one own this VEVOR Belt/Disc Sander, Model # BD4803? Would appreciate your opinion. Never heard of this company. Enticing that it's advertised with a 5A induction motor. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Profess..._hp_atf_m&th=1

I don't have that sander but the Vevor site is a bit like Amazon, they have tons of stuff. There may be nore info there.

Vevor is a chinese tool company similar to Harbor Freight. They were known for having really crappy magnetic drills, but they have improved with the latest model. That being said, it looks like this sander is a variation of the Porter Cable PCB420SA and various Bucktool direct-drive sanders. I'm going to assume this Vevor is also "direct drive" since the case looks exactly like the Bucktool/Porter-Cable. Direct drive is better because the motor drives the sander directly (as opposed to a belt driven sander, which easily slips). A common problem on these cheaper sanders is the use of cheap electrolytic motor start capacitors. This can be fixed very easily by ordering some film based motor start caps from Mouser. The caps are located inside by removing the bottom cover.

For a small sander, it's probably fine. The Bucktool BD4802 is likely better quality. The support tables on these sanders aren't all that great, but work for non-critical stuff. If you want something better, you're in the $2k range for the big Jet/Powermatic sanders.
    Last edited by Aaron Inami; 11-16-2023 at 4:10 PM.

A 6” disc is really small. Might as well put your ROS on its side. Hard pass for me. Get at least a 12” disc. Or a 20” State disc sander and a Newton E-18 edge sander like I have ;-)

Vevor has a rating of about 3.5 out of 5.0. How do you return something that won't run back to them? Have to return to China?