Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Empty Amazon Package This Month

2nd Empty Amazon Package This Month

This is the weirdest thing. I just received an empty plastic Amazon envelope, with no items inside. This is the second time this has happened to me in the past month. The package was unopened. Just empty.

Is it just me, or has anyone else had this happen to them?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Maybe you ordered some air? Was this an order you placed or did it just arrive without you expecting it? Maybe return it and request a refund? To answer your question, no never happened to me.

Well, obvious answer is to go online and check your orders...see what they think was supposed to be in the package.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    ... has anyone else had this happen to them?
    Not exactly - we did even better. I received a folding camp cot. Amazon thanked me for letting them know and said keep it. Gave it to one of the offspring.

An old ebay scam was too send an empty package or some junk in a package and report it to ebay as delivered collecting the sale price of a different item. Check your Amazon account and make sure you didn't order something (or nothing was ordered on your behalf) that hasn't been delivered.

Blog Entries
    My old obsolete E-mail account if full of delivery notices for things I never ordered, and lots of other scams. I have been trying to delete that account for a while. It appears that there is no way to make it go away.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    My old obsolete E-mail account if full of delivery notices for things I never ordered, and lots of other scams. I have been trying to delete that account for a while. It appears that there is no way to make it go away.
    Why do you even go to it. I just ignore the one I had from my first provider.

My worst experience ever with Amazon just occurred. I ordered an Apple watch, two day delivery no hurry. I received the package in perfect condition.
    Opened it to find the Apple watch box, opened the box no band, no watch just a charger, seals had been removed. Online support finally gave me the option to have them call me which I did.
    Call came almost immediately, could barely understand the support person but managed to finally explain the situation, put me on hold to supposedly talk to a team leader.
    came back on and said if I did not receive it in two days to call back. Today is the second day, we'll see today if they can resolve it.

Just an added note, This was sold by Amazon and shipped by Amazon.
    Last edited by Tony Joyce; 11-16-2023 at 8:42 AM.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Maybe you ordered some air? Was this an order you placed or did it just arrive without you expecting it? Maybe return it and request a refund? To answer your question, no never happened to me.
    Oh it was definitely something I ordered. As was the last time. Very, very strange. And nothing suspicious in the account. Someone literally sealed up an empty package/flexible envelope and sent it on its way to me. Same thing last time.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off

I'm a part of Amazon's Vine review program and get at least a dozen items a week from them. Never have I gotten an empty box. I have had items that came out of the box, usually the teape ripped. I'm wondering if its an automated system that puts the items in the box and before it was sealed up it fell out. Or it could be an employee who just doesn't care. That being said I would think that Amazon could easily track who pulled the item and boxed it. Every amazon package I've gotten has it's own Amazon sticker with a alphanumeric number on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    I'm a part of Amazon's Vine review program and get at least a dozen items a week from them. Never have I gotten an empty box. I have had items that came out of the box, usually the teape ripped. I'm wondering if its an automated system that puts the items in the box and before it was sealed up it fell out. Or it could be an employee who just doesn't care. That being said I would think that Amazon could easily track who pulled the item and boxed it. Every amazon package I've gotten has it's own Amazon sticker with a alphanumeric number on it.
    They really wanted next to no details except the order number. They instantly arranged a refund both times. But both times I needed the items that day (one for a woodworking class), and didn't get them.

Haven't had an empty envelope yet, but have had a few recent odd issues...
    1. Bought a few items from a member here a few months ago, shipped from Florida to NW Indiana via USPS Priority. Box made it to Chicago area (about 80 miles away) in two days, then spent almost two weeks bouncing between 3 regional USPS facilities and two local post offices (one was the wrong one). I had fears that the box had been mangled (heavy lathe chuck), but when it finally arrived all was in good shape including the box. Shipping label was absolutely correct and packing was excellent, so definitely no issues with the seller. I'm guessing that that box travelled nearly as many miles in the last 80 miles of the trip as it did getting from Florida to Chicago (exaggeration--but definitely an extra 500 miles!!)

2. This one is active--Sam's Club order, shipped from California via FedEx on 11-3-2023, expected delivery on 11-9, then updated to expect on 11-8. Heavy box (33 pounds--laundry detergent, 6 quarts chicken broth, Club Crackers). FedEx shows box arrived Chicago morning of 11-7, then departed same evening. No additional tracking updates in the past 9 days and estimated delivery date has just said "Delayed" since then. FedEx online AI chat bot only replies that delivery date will be updated when it's available. Today's the day i'll try calling Sam's--but may put that off to tomorrow since today's weather is beautiful and i'd rather work in the yard!! I'm guessing that either the detergent or chicken broth leaked and they sent the box back to California--but weird that there has been no tracking updates. In the meantime--we'll survive!!

Good luck to all with shipping in the coming month--staffing is still short handed (and i think in some cases, untrained)
    earl

I never got an empty box or envelope but once years ago I ordered two rolls of bubble wrap. Each came in a larger box, well protected with wadded up brown paper. I wondered at the time if, had I ordered brown paper, it would have been protected with bubble wrap.

A number of years ago Amazon supposedly started recording video of the packing lines so they could go back and look at an order being packaged to see what was actually put in the box.

I think it would be fairly easy to steal from one of those white bubble pack envelopes. Heat sealing machines are cheap. If I was to steal from the packages I would cut the bottom off and then use a heat sealer to seal them again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Why do you even go to it. I just ignore the one I had from my first provider.
    I had ignored it for a long time. I recently ordered from a company that was still linked to the old Juno email. Who ever it is that has hacked my old Juno has now found their way to my Gmail. I recently received a security breach notice from Google. I changed my passwords.