Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthem plan D premium for 2024 is going up 62%

This amazing.....My Part D drug plan 2023 cost per month is $11.80 / month, 2024 cost per month $00.00, not a typo, that is the cost per the 2024 plan change document they sent me and per phone call I made to them yesterday.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Go in to a broker with a list of your medications and a list of plans your doctors will accept. Let them figure it out for you, at no cost to you.
    Bill D
    The so called brokers here seem to only offer one plan even though they say they offer all of them

+1 that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Go in to a broker with a list of your medications and a list of plans your doctors will accept. Let them figure it out for you, at no cost to you.
    Bill D

I have a Humana PPO Medicare Advantage plan. Monthly premium went from $18 to I think $24/month which considering I didn't think is too bad. What I was less fond of is that the maximum annual out-of-pocket went from $4900 to $6100. I'll shop around before December 7th or whenever the end of the open enrollment period is.

One discovery I did make prior to qualifying for Medicare was that drug prices are variable between providers. I live in Pennsylvania but am close to New Jersey. A local pharmacy in Trenton had a couple generics for like 50% of what WalMart pharmacy was asking.

I checked Cigna and United Healthcare online for premiums and cost of prescriptions. Anthem is still a better value. I just wish I could get KY with it when companies do this to me..... We are blessed and can afford the increase, but seems out of control to me. Brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I have a Humana PPO Medicare Advantage plan. Monthly premium went from $18 to I think $24/month which considering I didn't think is too bad. What I was less fond of is that the maximum annual out-of-pocket went from $4900 to $6100. I'll shop around before December 7th or whenever the end of the open enrollment period is.

One discovery I did make prior to qualifying for Medicare was that drug prices are variable between providers. I live in Pennsylvania but am close to New Jersey. A local pharmacy in Trenton had a couple generics for like 50% of what WalMart pharmacy was asking.
    I went with IBX, Curt.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    This amazing.....My Part D drug plan 2023 cost per month is $11.80 / month, 2024 cost per month $00.00, not a typo, that is the cost per the 2024 plan change document they sent me and per phone call I made to them yesterday.
    George, who are you with? thanks brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post

I found with Anthem it cost me less overall by paying a higher premium and getting the higher benefit with lower out of pocket. On a 12 month basis it was lower cost to pay the higher premium. I assume ti would vary based on the meds you take. brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    Anyone else seeing this from their providers? World has officially gone crazy.

Never switched providers while in medicare, can we do that without losing coverage? I assume I can as long as I make sure new coverage starts before I cancel existing coverage. Can I do this without worrying about preexisting conditions?

Thanks.

Brian
    Sorry Brian... my bad.
    Paul Franklin is right... any change of a provider whether in the same Letter or to a new Letter will trigger underwriting.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

The only way to know what plans and options you have is to go online and look for yourself. Location makes all the difference in what you can choose. It doesn't matter what is available in California if you live in Florida. The Medicare website really is pretty helpful in seeing what your options are. If you don't already have an account it might be to late to get one now though for this enrollment period. Don't automatically rule out an Advantage plan either until you look at the numbers. In my situation it works great with no monthly premium besides the monthly one everybody pays.

For Part D plans, I'm fairly sure you can switch companies without any problems. Go to Medicare.gov. You put in you location, give them a list of your medications and they tell you the estimated cost of each plan.

Can't help you with Part B supplemental plans. I haven't tried to switch companies.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    The only way to know what plans and options you have is to go online and look for yourself. Location makes all the difference in what you can choose. It doesn't matter what is available in California if you live in Florida. The Medicare website really is pretty helpful in seeing what your options are. If you don't already have an account it might be to late to get one now though for this enrollment period. Don't automatically rule out an Advantage plan either until you look at the numbers. In my situation it works great with no monthly premium besides the monthly one everybody pays.
    I was surprised how good the Medicare website was. Load medications, load pharmacy, brings up plans by zip, gives a total annual out of pocket that includes premiums and cost of medications. Brian
    Brian

George, who are you with? thanks brian
    I am with Wellcare Value Script(PDP). Wellcare has several plans. Costs vary by state as was mentioned before.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I used that website last year and changed plans to Wellmark Blue saved hundreds this year not only on the monthly cost but for the drugs!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    I hope so, that and boner pills! I blame Bob Dole. Brian
    Hey! You’re messing with the senator from the state of my birth.
    Funny Dole story. He was on a campaign swing through rural Kansas and stopped by a county fair where they were having a cow chip throwing contest. For those of you that don’t know what a cow chip is, when a cow poops, it spreads out and dries into a sort of thick pizza thing. Since the cow really doesn’t digest very well, there’s a lot of grass fiber intact which makes the resulting “chip” fairly stable. So most of the entrants looked for a nice round flat thing and threw it like a frisbee. But cow chips have very poor aerodynamics and don’t fly very far. Dole fished around and came up with a handful of wet stuff, wound up and took 1st place. Dole, long known for his wit, quipped……ok, I don’t remember what he quipped but it either had something to do with mud-slinging or not being afraid to get his hands dirty.

I liked Bob Dole and was really disappointed that his handlers made him hide his wit and humor when he ran for President.