Thread: Problem getting EzCad2 to load

Problem getting EzCad2 to load

We had a power outage of 10-12 hours a few weeks ago. It caused the laptop that I use to run my fiber laser to go into a continuous loop trying to update. An IT friend of mine was able to get it out of the loop but we lost the files on the hard drive. I am trying to reload the EzCad2 software from the original thumb drive that came with the laser and it keeps giving me the same error telling me that it cannot find the dongle. I have the laser plugged into a USB port and the thumb drive plugged into another USB port, I'm at wits end trying to figure out how to get the software to load back on the laptop. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Wade View Post
    We had a power outage of 10-12 hours a few weeks ago. It caused the laptop that I use to run my fiber laser to go into a continuous loop trying to update. An IT friend of mine was able to get it out of the loop but we lost the files on the hard drive. I am trying to reload the EzCad2 software from the original thumb drive that came with the laser and it keeps giving me the same error telling me that it cannot find the dongle. I have the laser plugged into a USB port and the thumb drive plugged into another USB port, I'm at wits end trying to figure out how to get the software to load back on the laptop. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    If it's saying it can't find the dongle, you likely need to reload the driver for the EZCad2 board. It should be on the USB drive as well, but I don't remember the specifics. Been a while since I used EZCad2, I switched over to LightBurn a while ago.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer