Thread: Continuity Subscription Services/Fine Woodworking

Continuity Subscription Services/Fine Woodworking

I’ve been a long time subscriber to FWW and enjoy the printed product. My current subscription, after a call to Taunton Press, ends 08/24. I just received and on-line automatic subscription charge of $41 under the name TME*Fine Woodworking. A Time Magazine address. Sleazy! I got the charges rescinded but keep your eyes peeled.

I try to avoid or disable all automatic renewal options. I think all vendors must offer the option but some vendors are getting pretty sneaky about hiding it.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I tend to call them in June-is to make sure they don't bill me at the unusual (normal) rate.
    My pet peeve with Taunton is when I subscribe, even though they have my subscription in the bag for the following year, I keep on getting emails "renew now for XX% discount. I'ts like the promotions department doesn't call the subscription department and cross-check.
    IA at Taunton can't come fast enough for me.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

I have given up several magazines because of the 'Continuing subscription' problem, the latest being Popular Mechanics just today. I used to just send checks, so they had no CC to automatically re-up me, but the latest PM sub card reads that accepting this offer automatically enrolls you into our automatic renewal program (sic).

I will wait a month or so and see what happens. Car & Driver keeps sending me threatening letters and E-mails, but I paid with a check, so I just ignore them.

I am about to give up on WoodSmith, as they just keep getting smaller, but not better. Since the changes in ownership my interest has waned, as they seem to be increasingly worse. Sad. I really miss Shopnotes mag.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    I wish there was a standardized way to display the expiration date of the subscription on the mailing label. I get warnings that my “subscription will expire soon” when I know that I have 2 years left. Grrrr