Thread: Lie Nielsen showroom visit

Lie Nielsen showroom visit

Bucket list item checked! It really is like being a kid in a candy store where you are encouraged to try all of the candy. Very fun trip to Maine too. Left with a no 62 and a fish tail chisel.

Lucky Duck! I've always wanted to visit up there! Glad you had a good time!

DC

Good choices. Remarkable self-restraint.

How many lobster rolls?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post

How many lobster rolls?
    omg lobster oysters and fish so fresh and so good!

My wife was born in Maine, and we went to Maine a lot after we were first married. One trip in the late 90s I went to the Lie-Neisen store and got a full tour by Thomas. We went back into the shop as well. Next day I went to see Darryl Keil at VacuPress. It was one very nice trip, since my wife visited with family and I could take all the time I wanted talking woodworking. In those days you could stop anywhere along Rt. 1 and get a lobster for just a couple bucks. In fact McDonalds had lobster roll on the menu. And you had no trouble getting around Acadia National Park with no traffic jams at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post

How many lobster rolls?
    I like your signature ��

I'm hopeful to get out there one day. My Bride and I planned a trip in '20. We had all the reservations made, itinerary set, etc., and then the pandemic happened. We'll probably head out there next summer or perhaps in '25. I'm hoping that their product offering will be closer to pre-pandemic breadth by then. I already own all the core tools and most of the core II stuff as well. It would be nice if they still had a crosscut sash/tenon saw or the 24" Bench Saws. On the other hand, if they don't it will save my wallet.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hutchings View Post
    I like your signature ��

Thanks, but credit where due: it was suggested by another creeker as we were jousting. I liked it, so adopted it.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

It isn’t “Nice” of them to let you ramble around the showroom. It is unfair. You don’t stand a chance. In my business I covered the six New England States and Maine was the biggest market for my best line. I got to the point where I would not drive the coast road just so I could get past the shop, or at least drive past after 5PM.