Thread: Strange

Strange

Recently, I redid one wheel on my two wheel wheelbarrow. Electoylisis rust removal, power wash, phosphoric acid treatment, primer, and finish coat, then new tube and tire. First tube was defective, so I removed it. When I broke tire loose from rim, there was water inside tire, which had not been in the rain. Take tire completely off rim, dry it out and let sit in sun for a day. Install tire with another new tube, and today find that some kind of liquid was seeping from around valve stem area. Haven't slightest clue as to what it is, or where it's coming from. Yesterday, went to replace control board on heat pump. Installed new board, and as soon as power was applied, it blew the fuse. Fault chart said short in low voltage wiring. Checked for shorts, and found none. Installed fuse from old board, and same results. Ordered a box of fifty 3 amp fuses from Amazon, and this afternoon reinstalled new board, with new fuse, except for low voltage wiring. Turned power on, and fuse didn't blow. Plugged in low voltage wiring, and unit runs fine. Nothing else was changed. Strange happenings!

I've seen the tire issue on the farm when I was still working. Outside temps if cold. combined with hot air coming from the compressor will cause condensation inside of tires. Don't know if that is your issue, but could be. Still too, if the compressor has not been drained, it will cause the same issur.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Blog Entries
    Those are strange occurrences. I admire you dedication to the wheel barrow wheel. The standard practice is to buy new tire that conveniently comes with a rim inside. Then you just throw the old wheel away. I too have a hard time throwing things away things that could easily be fixed with many hours of tedious labor.

I wonder if you are having a powerful weather front moving through making things sweat. It sometimes rains inside my uninsulated metal shed when the conditions outside change rapidly.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Some of the old folks around here would say, "Da haints be messin' wid ju".

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Some of the old folks around here would say, "Da haints be messin' wid ju".
    We say "George the ghost did it."

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    I too have a hard time throwing things away things that could easily be fixed with many hours of tedious labor.
    There is a certain satisfaction that comes with that! My kids don’t get it. 😉

Wheelbarrow gremlins! I've been plagued for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    There is a certain satisfaction that comes with that! My kids don’t get it. 
    AMEN! Tonight, finished rebuilding old alternator off van, even though I bought a new one and put it on a couple weeks ago. Old one only lasted 30 years, with bearing replacement about seven years ago. New or rebuilt alternator from local parts house, around $200. New Chinese one, less than $100. Parts to rebuild, including bearings, less than $35. In 30 years when Chinese one goes bad, I will have a spare, ha, ha!

I had to replace a front wheel bearing on my truck. I bought the cheap Chinese one to start with. When that one started squealing about a week into the 30 day warranty, I carried it back to NAPA and upgraded to the better Mexican one. That one has lasted more than three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I had to replace a front wheel bearing on my truck. I bought the cheap Chinese one to start with. When that one started squealing about a week into the 30 day warranty, I carried it back to NAPA and upgraded to the better Mexican one. That one has lasted more than three years now.
    Exactly the opposite results for 6203 in tensionor pulley on daughter's Honda Civic. Seventeen dollar bearing from NAPA lasted a little over 30 days, while Chinese ($1.99) from Fastenal lasted over 300K miles